Writing Better Job Requirements
In a recent internal survey, 50% of recruiters felt that not getting high-quality candidates as the most crucial pain point. One step of addressing this issue is by communicating the right job requirements to the applicants. Jobberman has gone an extra mile to help you better attract the right talent.
Below are some helpful tips for better writing job requirements that will attract the right candidates:
- Job Title Section: Make the job title of the vacant position to be as specific and clear as possible. This will make the target audience better understand job requirements from the word go.
- Job Summary: Use this section to grab the attention of your target audience by giving an "elevator pitch" that outlines the expectations of the vacant position. To help you with coming up with a more descriptive Job Summary, Jobberman, has extended the Job Summary section in the Applicant Tracking System from 150 to 350 characters as seen in the image below:
3. Job Description: Finally, use this section to outline the responsibilities and qualifications of the vacant position
a. Responsibilities: Concisely list the core responsibilities of the open position. It is also worthwhile mentioning the day to day activities that comes with the role. You should also show the reporting decorum for the position so that your target audience can visualise how they will fit into the organisation.
Precisely capture both the soft and hard skills needed to deliver excellent results for the role. It would also be wise to include personality traits that can help the audience know how they will align with the organisation. Having concise skills listed in the job requirements will make it easier for you to
assess the hard skills
of the applicants.
To make it easier to know what to include in the Job Summary and Job Description sections, the Jobberman Applicant Tracking System has recently included
helper text to guide you on the what content needs to be added as seen in the image below:
Setting Up Job Alerts
Did you know that Jobberman will notify of jobs matching your career interests? We call that Job Alerts To set up email job alerts, follow these easy steps: To log in to your Job Seeker account, click on the Hamburger Menu and then tap on login Once ...
Applying To Job Adverts
Now that you have created your Jobberman profile and fully updated it, the next step will be to start applying for jobs. This articles explains how to best apply for jobs To apply for a job on Jobberman, simply follow the steps listed below: While ...
The New Standard Job Product
(1) How do you ensure that your job advert is attracting qualified job seekers? (2) Out of the qualified job seekers, how do you decide on who to shortlist? (3) Out of the shortlisted candidates, how do you test for competency to refine your ...
Adding An Assessment To A Published Job Listing
Adding a skill assessment to an already published job listing can be done in 4 easy steps: Start by clicking the MANAGE JOBS drop-down menu from the navigation bar. Then select the ALL JOBS option, so that you are redirected to the page that lists ...
Editing A Live Job
1. While logged into your Jobberman Employer account, click on 'Jobs' at the top menu, to see your list of jobs. 2. Among your list of jobs, click on the Job Title for the particular job you wish to edit 3. On the proceeding page, scroll to the ...